Tree Services provide a defendable tree management policy, with surveys carried out by a qualified Arboriculturalist
NCC Tree Services
Trees offer many environmental benefits and are a tremendous educational resource. The correct management of your tree stock can have result in significant financial savings. As well as avoiding costly legal action. The identification of issues early on can prevent a small job becoming a large costly one.
There are serious risks in ignoring your tree management:
“Under both the civil law and criminal law, an owner of land on which a tree stands has responsibilities for the health and safety of those on or near the land and has potential liabilities arising from the falling of a tree or branch.”
Source: Common Sense Risk Management of Trees, National Tree Safety Group.
There have been a number of high profile prosecutions under the Health and Safety at work act resulting from land owners neglecting their duty of care in relation to trees. In the case of fatalities the ultimate consequence can be a custodial sentence.
Arboriculture is specialist service, and generally falls outside the remit of normal grounds maintenance. By having a defendable tree management policy, with surveys carried out by a qualified Arboriculturalist, the basic duty of care is met.
Tree Services can offer two options, to help satisfy your duty of care. Prices vary with the size of the school.
Option 1: From £350 A three yearly Condition Survey of your tree stock, with a written report.
Option 2: From £150 per year. A three year Tree Inspection and Management Service including:
- Provision of a draft Tree Management Policy
- A three yearly Condition Survey of your tree stock, with a written report.
- Annual walkabout check with a summary report.
- A GIS database logging the condition and management of your trees.
- Reactive / proactive assistance:
- Written quotes for Tree Surgery.
- Advice about individual trees that have been damaged e.g. due to the weather
- Assisting with neighbour complaints
- Planting advice
- Tree Preservation Order assistance
- Work and advice consistent with the Nottingham Urban Forest Strategy
If any Nottingham City council maintained schools has trees on site and chooses not to use this service they will need to evidence that alternative arrangements are in place that meet or exceed this management programme.
Name: James Shallcross – Tree Services
Tel : 0115 8763227